“And wage slaves, obey your corporate masters with fear and respect, giving up your right to organize and negotiate. Submit yourselves to them not only to move up on the ladder of meritocracy, but obey the laws of Big Business just as you were loving god.
And corporate overlords, be mindful to undermine any call for economic justice, and remain diligent in firing black people first, and hiring them last.”– A modern day CEO’s reading of Ephesians 6:6-9
Yesterday, Mitchell suggested A Practical Program of Disenfranchisement: A 10 Step Plan to Save American Democracy By Dismantling it.
Among the people who should not be allowed to vote, for Mitchell: “Government employees”; “Those who do not pay taxes. If you do not pay taxes, or if your unemployment benefits or government aid or earned payincome credit or other need-based government aid outweigh the amount of taxes you pay, you have no right to have access to government violence against those who do pay taxes”; and most importantly, “People with children in public schools. People with children in the public schools have chosen not to take personal responsibility for the education of their own children, and instead have handed them over to the care of the taxpayer, at a cost of $10,000 per child”
I say that Mitchell did not go far enough; I would like to include an additional 10:
1. People who receive Social Security, Medicare or Medicare/ Obviously, these people are the bane our existence, and God Himself disapproves of all public resources for helping the poor.
2. People who send their children to private and charter schools, which depend upon subsidies, city-wide lotteries, and tax breaks for their schools. The free market should be free. This government interference is uncalled for, and breaks all of God’s laws.
3. Any employee of a bank that received money from the federal government bailouts. Don’t really have to explain that one.
4. Farmers in Minnesota and Iowa who have their crops subsidized by the federal government. This is a form of socialism and should be repealed.
5. The millions of students who owe the federal government (no longer private banks) a gross amount of their income in student loans. If you can’t afford to go to college, do not go! And dismantle the Department of Education. Enough is enough.
6. All prison employees who work with death row on the federal level.
7. All citizens of the United States who currently do not live in a border state. You don’t know what it’s like to deal with immigration politics and populations, so you shouldn’t have a vote in the matter.
8. Big time millionaires like Jerry Jones who raise a city’s taxes just so they can have a private enterprise like a football stadium on the backs of the poor.
9. NBA Commissioner David Stern.
10. The biggest recipients of government welfare: our nation’s veterans and soldiers. Let’s get rid of all of those G.I. Bills, return to the military draft, and pay our Armed Forces minimum wage, which there wouldn’t be any since all minimum wage laws would be stripped from our law books. No health benefits, no free college education. Just a pay check, and our love.