Not that we should be surprised, but the Tea Party wing of the Republican Party, the one of “Legitimate Rape Rape” and Binders full of women have done it again, this time with refusing to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act, just with the addition of protections of First Nations women.
Honestly, I just don’t get it. The GOP after getting thrashed in the election said they would learn their lesson, but they seem to be going back to the same old same old. Really? Couldn’t yall have found another bill to take a stand-on?
- House GOP blocks Violence Against Women Act (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- House GOP Shames America by Endangering Women (politicususa.com)
- VAWA passes in the Senate 68 – 31 : We ALL need to Stand UP and Speak Out (point4counterpoint.wordpress.com)
- Congress lets Violence Against Women Act wither away (tv.msnbc.com)
- House GOP Blocks Violence Against Women Act (balloon-juice.com)
- US House votes not to reauthorise domestic violence funding bill (guardian.co.uk)